Info@UpstateSCAPA.org career search professional
Job Title: Analyst, Payroll – Hourly Employees
The person in this position should have the following credentials:
Reports To: Supervises:
Coordinator of Payroll N/A
Under limited supervision, administers the District’s hourly payroll to include processing and remittance of tax and employee withholding liabilities. Supports all related departmental functions.
1. Secure and maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee payroll data such as pay rates, leave balances, personal information.
2. Maintain compliance with all legal, administrative requirements and time constraints regarding payroll processing.
3. Process hourly employee weekly payroll.
4. Verify, process and remit all district federal/state payroll tax liabilities, employee deductions, and garnishments/wage attachments, for each hourly employee payroll. Assist with reconciliation of district liability accounts for payroll withholdings.
5. Run/review/evaluate/maintain all standard and district payroll integrity reports for accuracy; correct as necessary.
6. Thorough knowledge of all payroll related system functions for payroll processing; review/process payroll information from Human Resources transactions to include new hires, position/status changes, supplemental pay, multiple jobs.
7. Process/document manual and off cycle payrolls
8. Process terminations; verify final pay, vacation payouts, sick leave reimbursements, comp time payouts, etc.
9. Administer payroll changes for employees on leave; medical, workers comp, professional leaves.
10. Provide courteous, responsive customer service to employees with specific payroll concerns and resolve problems.
11. Assist with development of work flow; train and assist department employees as necessary.
12. Identify operating system problems and test suggested patches or set-up changes. Interact with support resources to document/resolve issues and problems. Implement necessary changes in operating systems.
13. Assist and provide support for payroll process as needed; review edit reports and processes to determine maximum efficiency and provide input to streamline payroll processing.
14. Performs other related duties as may be required or assigned by immediate supervisor.
Terms of Employment:
Twelve months with salary Administrative/Supervisory Group L. 2021/22 Salary Range: $51,946 - $77,156
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy.